Friday, May 8, 2015

Almost Ready

The Ninja Challenge race is TOMORROW!

Live results here!

I am excited, but I cannot believe how nervous I am.  I have imagined so many things going wrong... I've had dreams about so many things going wrong (even a dream about things going wrong and then I wake up in the dream and then go to the "real" race where MORE things go wrong)... I've thought about everything from not being able to do obstacles... to not being able to run up hills... to my shoes not having enough traction and me slipping on mud and breaking my leg in half... to me losing my Grandmother's wedding ring in a mud pile (gotta remember to take that thing off tonight)... Yikes!  But, as many things as could go wrong, most likely everything will go great, and I'll have a blast.  I just gotta freakin' RELAX.  Sheesh!

I went to pick up my stuff early this afternoon. They looked up my name and handed me a bib - #1040.  Um, excuse me.  I requested #179 in JANUARY, was told I was good to go, and I even confirmed it in the ItsYourRace app just 3 days ago.  I even took a screen shot!  See??  PROOF!!

I've been so wound up and nervous and freaked out... I thought I might start crying right there in the middle of Omega Sports over my bib number.  NNNOOOOOOOOOO!!

Then the guy said, "Well, maybe we can be sneaky. If the other person hasn't picked up their stuff yet, maybe we can switch it." So he looked it up, and sure enough, she hadn't picked up her stuff yet (not surprising since I got there 5 minutes before they started).  So he switched the bib stickers and (supposedly) switched the numbers in the computer.  It hasn't updated in the app yet, but maybe it'll just take time.  Or maybe I'll end up with someone else's time or something, but you know, I don't even care about that.  I just wanted to proudly wear that #179 bib on my back.  I do worry that maybe she had requested the bib at the last minute, and that my request got overwritten, and that I stole it from her... but I had it first!!  And I'm on TEAM DREA!!  So there!!  :-P


** UPDATE ** I just checked, and it's updated in the app!  So YAY!  GIMME DAT 179, BIATCH!

By the way, it says to use 6 safety pins.  I see 4 holes.  Where do the other two safety pins go??  Will I be disqualified if I only use 4 safety pins???  Aaaahh!  Mostly kidding...

Oh well, at least that's all taken care of.  I need to put gas in my car, do some laundry, set out my clothes, pack up my stuff, drink plenty of water, eat some good food, make some good food to eat for breakfast in the morning, and get a good night of sleep.  I wish I could drink like 4 ciders to calm down, but I GUESS I will abstain.  I think I will get up at around 7am and leave the house around 7:45.  I don't start until 9:30, but it's a 40-minute drive, and I want to make sure I have PLENTY of time so my nightmares about missing my start time and then letting everyone down don't come true.  Kinda like getting to the airport 2 hours early seems excessive until you actually miss a flight one day... then suddenly it seems totally reasonable!!

Deep breaths.  What is my problem??  It's not that big of a deal!  SIGH.

In other news, thanks to everyone's generous donations, I have FAR exceeded my fundraising goal!  By 448%!!  That is so crazy awesome.  And if you haven't donated, you still can - every extra dollar does even more good for ALS research!  Let's find a cure for this stupid thing!

Donate to the Blazeman Foundation from my page here! 

No comments:

Post a Comment