Sunday, December 25, 2016

Christmas Day walk/jog

Hike distance: ~5 miles
Total distance hiked: 172.28 miles
Miles remaining: 6.72

On Christmas Day, I was feeling pretty worn down, lethargic, and anxious.  I needed to get out to exercise!  So I went on a walk/jog through the neighborhood around my parents' house. Kids were out playing with their toys, families were taking walks, and a couple of neighbors had some lovely chickens hanging out in their yards.  I went a little less than 3 miles.  I felt a million times better afterwards.  Then, I went on a little bit of a walk with my parents to tack on a couple more miles.  I then rounded up to 5 miles because the night before, my cat decided to jump out of my car window on Wade Avenue in Raleigh and run off into the woods (long story, ugh!!!)... and I spent half an hour tromping through the woods with my cell phone light, calling his name, and crying.  That totally counts as a hike, right???  :)  Luckily, my parents came to the rescue and helped me find and grab him.  WHEW.  Talk about a Christmas miracle!


No comments:

Post a Comment