Saturday, December 31, 2016

Company Mill Trail & Inspiration Trail

Hike distance: 7.13
Total distance hiked: 179.41 miles
Miles remaining: 0!!!

I finished! Just in the nick of time! It was a nice hike, even though it felt quite chilly. The trail looked different than normal... chilly, gloomy, and no leaves. I saw a downed tree from afar that I tried to get around during a recent hike and realized it was actually a huge tree that had split in the middle, and each piece had fallen in opposite directions. I also saw a couple of people riding horses on the multi-use trail - I don't think I've ever seen horses out there! They were pretty. Toward the end of the hike, I was walking down a stretch of trail with nobody around. It was perfectly quiet except for the sound of I-40 in the distance. I heard a strange sound in the woods - like a weird loud quack or caw. I never saw what it was, but after I reached the creek, I came across a great blue heron fishing in the water ... so maybe that's what it was. It was cool to watch him stretch his neck out and poke around in the water.


No comments:

Post a Comment